HotScripts.com is currently recruiting a directory editor to join its team. If you have a passion for open source, web development technologies or web scripts, here’s your chance to be part of a recognized authority in the web development community and contribute in building a better comprehensive directory.
Position title: HotScripts Directory Editor
Location: Any / Remote
Employment type: Part-Time Independent Contractor
Weekly hours: 10 (varies, but is capped at 10 hours per week)
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
As a directory editor, your role will be to manage resources listed in the directory by performing routine administration tasks including:
- 1) Moderation
- – Validate new listing submissions
- – Validate user submitted reviews and responses
- 2) Maintenance
- – Review broken or reported link reports.
- – Manually audit categories and delete spam, duplicate or broken listings.
- – Merge and split categories wherever appropriate.
- 3) Other duties
- – Canvass, curate and add new resources.
- – Craft short description, META title and tags for categories.
- – Research and suggest new sub-categories.
- – Weekly summary of activity sent to Product Manager
- – Other activities as directed by the PM
- – Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- – Thorough understanding of front-end and server-side technologies, platforms, languages and tools.
- – Basic HTML/CSS knowledge.
- – Proficient in image manipulation (capture, resize and optimize images for the Web)
- – Self-directed and ability to work remotely.