Current location: Hot Scripts Forums » Programming Languages » ASP.NET » Server Error in '/' Application.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Closed Thread
Old
Newbie Coder

Question Server Error in '/' Application.

hi !
no matter wat i do i get this error the .net scripts run fine on my local server but on remote server they give this error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

i have created web.config file but the server dont seem to detect it , can any one tell me how will i know server is detecting the web.config file ???

Thanks
Suhail kaleem

Featured Marketplace Scripts (view more)

Old
Coding Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhailkaleem
hi !
no matter wat i do i get this error the .net scripts run fine on my local server but on remote server they give this error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<configuration>
<system.web>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
<system.web>
</system.web>
</configuration>

i have created web.config file but the server dont seem to detect it , can any one tell me how will i know server is detecting the web.config file ???

Thanks
Suhail kaleem
Make sure your directory is setup as an IIS application. In addition, make sure the ASP.NET worker process has been given the appropriate permissions.
Old
Newbie Coder

Hi !
Thanks problem is sloved now

Suhail kaleem
Old

Regarding the Server Error in '/' Application.

Hi,
I have been getting the same server error and i havent been able to figure out how to solve the problem. Since you managed to solve it, would you be able to help me out regarding the same?

Thankyou,
Neet

Quote:
hi !

Runtime Error

<configuration>
<system.web>
</system.web>
</configuration>

<configuration>
<system.web>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Thanks
Suhail kaleem
Old
Newbie Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by neetw
Hi,
I have been getting the same server error and i havent been able to figure out how to solve the problem. Since you managed to solve it, would you be able to help me out regarding the same?

Thankyou,
Neet
Hi !

Email your host and ask them to set the application directory for asp.net and also give full control to asp.net account on your domian folder

Thanks
Suhail kaleem
mailyoulike.com
Old

Requires MDAC 2.6 or higher

I just discovered another problem -- which might affect older boxes.

asp.net requires mdac 2.6 or higher. If you don't have this it will generate an error. YOu can upgrade your server with microsoft data access components at microsoft.com/data.

Quote:
hi !

Runtime Error

<configuration>
<system.web>
</system.web>
</configuration>

<configuration>
<system.web>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Thanks
Suhail kaleem
Old

In addition, make sure the ASP.NET worker process has been given the appropriate perm

>> In addition, make sure the ASP.NET worker process has been given the appropriate permissions

How does one do this? TIA.

-Mike Schinkel
Old

Hello

Tell me the Directory Structure of you Application. Your bin Folder should be under / folder..for example.. if your have a folder under / and if you just copied all the contents of your web application to that folder you wont get your web pages display.Insted you get this kinda error..

Damith
Old
Newbie Coder

Hi !

I have been getting the same problem.if you managed to solve it, would you be able to help me?

Thanks
Aish.
Old

I'm having the same error and don't know what to do. it was running fine in my local computer but not at the remote site. could some one help me please?
thanks
Isz
Closed Thread