Current location: Hot Scripts Forums » General Web Coding » HTML/XHTML/XML » Feedback Pop Up code

Feedback Pop Up code

Old
Wannabe Coder

Feedback Pop Up code

Hi,

I am looking at putting a pop on a website (several pages) where the user can answer a question about the page they are currently looking at. Once the question has been answered I want to data somehow emailed to me or recorded in an excel file .csv maybe.

I found a website with something similar (see link below).

Public Holiday Dates (Victoria Online)

Does anyone know what this is coded with so I can find some code to do something similar.

Much appreciated.
Old
Newbie Coder

from a users prospective popups are the most annoying thing on earth. but either way-html alone cannot do this. in both cases your best option is php. now in order to send an email you must make sure your hosting/server has smtp service ready. as for the csv-php has such header function so that will help you a lot. you could also do the same with asp... but id recommend php because of its open source nature and flexibility. as i said-nor html or javascript are capable of handling that.
Old
Wannabe Coder

Thanks for getting back to me. PHP does sound like the option for the backend. Any ideas how to initially create this pop up to nhappen similar to the link I provided above? Maybe xhtml with CSS? Do you know any code around for this?
Old
Newbie Coder

the popup itself-well javascript is your pretty much only option. just google javascript popup. now instead of using a popup you could much rather use some jquery plugin such as thickbox-you also need to keep in mind that many people have popups disabled. and thickbox takes care of that problem