WebbyFiles (for the Java Platform)
This Servlet allows groups of users to easily share and manage a central repository of files and folders by using any standard Web browser. Can be used as: a repository for team projects; a substitute for FTP; to create private download areas.
It allows performing all file management operations:
- upload and download.
- deletion, copy, move and rename of files and folders.
- adding notes to the files.
- setting permissions for groups and folders.
- sending notifications to groups of users.
It has been tested on:
- J2EE engines like: Tomcat, JBoss, Resin ...
- Databases like: Oracle , SQL Server, MySQL, SAP DB ....
It supports localization: english, spanish, german and more to come.
The source code is available.