Flash MX DataGrid Add-ons
The FDataGrid Component is made by Macromedia to provide developers with a useful tool for displaying data in a sortable, editable grid. However, as provided by Macromedia, the DataGrid component has many limitations. These Add-ons get around some of those limitations.
These modifications costs $5, and include 100% of the source code, as well as the examples illustrated in the demo.
1. Display alternating color rows in a DataGrid, while keeping specific columns all a single color.
2. Change the colors of specific header backgrounds. Currently, one can change the color of the entire header row via the "header" style property, but not of any specific one. This feature gets around that limitation.
3. Modify the cell properties (e.g. background color, text style, font properties, etc.) of any particular cell in the DataGrid. Currently, you can only do it for an entire column, but not for specific cells.
4. Add push buttons and radio buttons to the grid. A customer event handler has been added to trap push button events.
5. Special "Prefix" and "Suffix" formatting can be applied to any cell to give it a particular "format" - e.g. currency or percentage (see example #1 for this)
6. Cells can have formatting "callback" functions associated with them such that when a user clicks on a cell, a callback function defined in the _root level. In example #1 of the demo, the callback function reverses the order of the words in the cell.