Drupal is an award-winning open-source Content Management System, and the feature-packed sixth release is right around the corner. It's a modular system, with an elegant hook-based architecture, and great code. These are a few of the perks that make Drupal a choice platform for developers who want the power of an established CMS, but the freedom to make it work for them. From social networking to AJAX to e-commerce, the hundreds of existing modules attest to Drupal's flexibility. When you create a new module for Drupal, it fits seamlessly into the look and feel of your overall site. If you can think it in PHP, you can code it as a Drupal module.
A practical tutorial for creating your first Drupal 6 modules with PHP
* Specifically written for Drupal 6 development
* Program your own Drupal modules
* No experience of Drupal development required
* Know Drupal 5? Learn what's new in Drupal 6
* Integrate AJAX functionality with the jQuery library